Monday, October 25, 2010

Autumn Times



After the past couple of dreary posts, I have decided a more up-beat post is in order. We each deliberated over the hundreds of pumpkins outside of Wal-Mart (yes, Dad, Wal-Mart), before choosing a short, plump one for me and a tall, skinny one for Josh. These pumpkins are going to be carved and then smashed in the street. Well, at least I plan on smashing mine in the street; Josh would like to responsibly throw his into a trash receptacle;) Last weekend we went for a drive up Cedar Mountain and reveled in the beautiful fall leaves before church. When we got home, I was feeling oddly ambitious and made a fat filled pumpkin roll, and even more odd than my ambition to cook the thing, was the fact that it turned out okay; strange as it may seem, by neglecting my wifely duties to cook, I think(?) I am developing a desire to improve.
Yes, it is autumn and even though Josh and I both have allergies to the cold, the nip in the air means we are so much closer to the end of the semester, the beginning of Christmas and Thanksgiving (not necessarily in that order). We are so excited to spend a little bit of down time with our families and get caught up on the home cooking we have missed so badly. Now if I can just figure out how to incorporate pumpkin into nearly every meal until said time, we will survive.

5 comments:

  1. you should try this way easy pumpkin cranberry recipe that i found in a magazine....fool proof and absolutely delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a bread sorry hahaha kinda skipped an informative part....it must be past my bed time....its pumpkin cranberry bread

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love it if you facebooked me the recipie (if you still have it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun. If you decide to smash yours in the street, you must take a picture. I want to see! :)
    ~Celeste

    ReplyDelete