Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Family Business


Josh finally found a job! It is only part time, but it will help out for sure. As luck would have it, he is going to be a janitor for the Eccles dorms on campus. The funny thing about this is that not only will he be a janitor, but I have also had the honor of being a seasoned janitor myself, with my chemical handler's training completed and everything. According to my supervisor, if there were no janitor's on this beautiful campus, the population of secretaries complaining about their unsanitary desks would sky rocket, resulting in an estrangement between not only the administration of our university and the faculty, but also between students and alumni. Together, my husband and I will become part of those illustrious few who are heroic in their pursuit of the non-hazardous floors and child safe toilet facilities. (Note: This is to be read with sarcasm. I am grateful for my job, but in no way is it this glorified.)
Josh and I are very happy with this pleasant turn of events. We hope that he will be able to find another part time position so that we can both work forty hours a week and pay for school.

1 comment:

  1. Is Josh going to school with us? And you WILL be at the writing center this fall, I presume. :)

    ReplyDelete