Thursday, July 29, 2010

Festive Festivities (and a Couch)

These last couple of weeks have been very busy for us. Friday, July 23 was my sister's wedding. It was a grand occasion and matched her personality perfectly with pink, black, glitter, and lights. Josh and I were both too googly and out of it to really hear and understand the things that were said in our ceremony, and so Lucy and Preston's wedding ceremony gave us a chance absorb the advice being given. Josh and I have been anticipating Lucy's wedding almost indecently, knowing that July 23rd would be the day we would trade in our camping chairs and become the proud recipients of a couch with a removable back! "Ideal for basement dwellers and other such low-lifes." JK.
The wedding happened to be part of our DeGraffenried Family Reunion, and as such, there were many many children with loud, exuberant, small children voices. Considering Josh is from a family of two children, he did fairly well for his first family reunion where he could not move from one room into another without being knocked off his feet from three different directions. The 24th of July was spent Kanosh style with a parade, talent show, free dinner, and much vegetating on the park lawn. Other than the impending doom of my cousin Pam leaving on her mission hanging over our heads (kidding Pam, I am happy for you), seeing the family was great. I love them so much, and I know Josh gets more fond of them with every visit.
My youngest sister Sarah has been spending the week at our house, entertaining us with her philosophies on dolls, movies, cereal choices, and hair styles. We get a bang out of her prudish ways, and wish we could justify spending this kind of money every week. Monday we went to one of the out door, children centered Shakespeare plays (The Green Show). Tuesday was-disappointment-at-not-being-tall-enough-to-go-down-the-slide-at-the-pool day, and yesterday we had dinner at Wendy's and saw "Despicable Me" at the theatre (a wonderful movie!). As soon as dad comes down and checks Sarah out, my old roomie, Jessica, is coming down for the weekend. Wow. What a week!
Well, that's it for the Kirkmans. Tune in next week for glory days before "the end" (aka- school starting).

2 comments:

  1. Where did you go? I was enjoying the posts, but you stopped. :) Oh well, I guess I can't complain, I haven't updated mine in... a while either. Hope things are going good. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Happy Birthday on Friday!

    ReplyDelete