Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Spider Catching

As expected from a newly married person, I am going to have a lot of praise and such about my new husband (hopefully it will continue;-).

On Monday night we came back from our holiday weekend very weary. We had spent time with both my family and Josh's, doing festive 4th of July things (eating way too much in my case), and so when I saw a huge brown spider above our bed, I had a come-apart of sorts. Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I am deathly afraid of spiders. In fact, I would rather sleep with snakes wrapped around my feet than spiders nibbling on my toes. Anyway, Josh came to my rescue but to no avail. The spider leaped from his position on the wall and was instantly lost in our bed sheets. After an episode of intense frustration and worry, I decided we would sleep on the living room floor in our sleeping bags rather than brave the spider infested bed. Since our living room furniture consists of camping chairs, it made for a rather nice, wilderness-y set-up. I drifted off to sleep around eleven and woke up alone at one a.m. to the sound of a dresser drawer being shut. When I went to find the source of the commotion, I found Josh beginning to remake our bed. All he said was, "I found the spider and killed it." While I had been drifting, he had spent a good portion of the night rearranging the bedroom, hunting down our arachnid enemy. At that moment I knew I had married the best, most persistent spider catcher in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment